Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Disappointed by flavor production, any help?
GoingtoC Offline

Likes Given: 0
Rainbow Disappointed by flavor production, any help?
Hey everyone!
I recently started vaping casually a few months ago. I never smoked prior, and I know some people say you really shouldn't vape unless you smoked, but I am just here for the hobby, flavor, and relaxing aspect of it all.
I do have an issue, however, with one of those things I mentioned. When I got into it, I was pretty convinced that the vapor you inhaled was just going to WOW me with flavor, like eating candy or a doughnut or cinnamon roll. This was... not the case at all.
I have a rather good sense of taste, and I know that. I don't vape with nicotine, so I've tried taking a little drop of my juices on my finger to see if my flavors are just weak. For example, Pebbles Donut flavor, is supposedly amazing. Now, I can KIND of taste a fruity or buttery aftertaste, but nothing amazing.
I started on a little eGo AIO, then switched to a SMOK 22, so I'm wondering if I need to just ditch the pens and start getting ahold of a mod? Is the SMOK 22 supposed to give out good flavor?
Really, flavor is all I'm looking for. I know to prime my coils and all, and I keep the pens in decent shape, so what kind of advice can I be given?
Thanks a ton!

Also, to put into perspective in case you're familiar with these flavors, the most common ones I use are:
Lunar Harvest Ice, Donut's Pebbles Donut, Bomb Sauce's Alien Piss, Ethos Vapors' Crispy Treats
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2017 02:32 AM by GoingtoC.)
13-01-2017 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,007
RE: Disappointed by flavor production, any help?
Hey Gc
Bigger devices do tend to give better flavour, even at the same wattage as a pen. I'd recommend getting yourself something nice, I suspect a temp control mod would suit you. 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
13-01-2017 10:34 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
Fatboy (01-13-2017), TinWhisker (01-13-2017)
GoingtoC Offline

(13-01-2017 10:34 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hey Gc
Bigger devices do tend to give better flavour, even at the same wattage as a pen. I'd recommend getting yourself something nice, I suspect a temp control mod would suit you. 
Alrighty, and I kind of figured as much haha. I just started looking around like "Why are people spending so much on these tanks and mods..." cause the vapor all seems the same to me. I'll try to get ahold of something bigger today.
13-01-2017 02:54 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,836
Something to remember- especially for someone who wasn't used to the nasty taste of cigarettes- is that vaping does replicate the flavor of food and drink very well, but it can't replicate the mouth feel. So you won't actually get the full experience of say an oatmeal cookie, even though you can get a juice that tastes exactly like one. So there's always that to remember.

If you have any questions about specific gear, please ask away. Odds are, someone here has used the device you're considering.
13-01-2017 03:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
gentlydoingit* (01-13-2017)
Robjenko Online
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,000
(13-01-2017 02:54 PM)GoingtoC Wrote:  "Why are people spending so much on these tanks and mods..."

There are many reasons but the majority of vapers are ex smokers and the cost of smoking is far more expensive. So what seems a lot of money is nothing when you consider how much they have saved since quitting smoking.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
13-01-2017 03:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
TinWhisker (01-13-2017)
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

(13-01-2017 03:38 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 02:54 PM)GoingtoC Wrote:  "Why are people spending so much on these tanks and mods..."

...the cost of smoking is far more expensive.

And in much more than money.
13-01-2017 03:39 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Fatboy (01-13-2017), Robjenko (01-13-2017)
GoingtoC Offline

(13-01-2017 03:38 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  

There are many reasons but the majority of vapers are ex smokers and the cost of smoking is far more expensive. So what seems a lot of money is nothing when you consider how much they have saved since quitting smoking.
Which that totally made sense, I suppose I didn't really explain myself too well either haha. Essentially, with that in mind, I also figured that those who do it kind of like a hobby, and to quite smoking, were getting something I was missing out on. I see youtube videos of people saying "WOW this tank really packs a punch for flavor!" And I'm sitting here with my little Smok 22 pen wondering if having a different tank and mod would really change things for me, or just look cool but taste the same.
13-01-2017 06:52 PM
GoingtoC Offline

(13-01-2017 03:29 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Something to remember- especially for someone who wasn't used to the nasty taste of cigarettes- is that vaping does replicate the flavor of food and drink very well, but it can't replicate the mouth feel. So you won't actually get the full experience of say an oatmeal cookie, even though you can get a juice that tastes exactly like one. So there's always that to remember.

If you have any questions about specific gear, please ask away. Odds are, someone here has used the device you're considering.
On the lines of that, is there maybe a better way to "taste" the vapor? I prefer mouth to lung, so I figure having the vapor in your mouth definitely helps.
13-01-2017 06:53 PM
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
With the right setup flavor is great.  I'm definitely not a MTL guy so I wouldn't really know where to begin to recommend something for you. 
13-01-2017 07:07 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

I'm not an MTL guy either, but we do have a few here that are experts, and will chime in.
13-01-2017 08:23 PM