Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Advice Advice for someone interested in Vaping?
spoofo9t9 Offline

Likes Given: 2
Advice for someone interested in Vaping?
I don't smoke but I have been very interested in vaping. I know that you can get the nicotine free e-liquid, but i wanted to know what would you guys recommend for someone like me? I have been looking online and there are so many different things to choose from and the Mods and all that jazz and I am really overwhelmed with all the different options. So if anyone could give me some pointers or any ideas on what would be a good start. Thanks Smile
19-10-2015 03:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 985
RE: Advice for someone interested in Vaping?
To be honest, I'd recommend you stay away. Smoking is a bad habit. One of the very few things I regret in my life, and I made a lot of bad choices.

Say ecigs get banned. You were never a smoker, but getting a habit of vaping may leave you wanting more, and if banned and not available, you may go for smoking. 

That said, I would have to say an ego type variable voltage device with a decent tank would be a good spot to start. Not sure what to recommend, but really that would be a cheap way to try it. 

Don't want to sound like an ass, but smoking is a horrible habbit, and would hate to end up leading you in that direction. 

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
19-10-2015 04:52 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Pulsar's post:
ecignut (10-19-2015), JEFF (10-19-2015), Kris (10-19-2015), Spasmod (10-19-2015), spoofo9t9 (10-20-2015), TinWhisker (10-19-2015), tuftony352 (10-19-2015)
tuftony352 Offline

Likes Given: 269
Pulsar is right.

Careful... he's packing two i134 Terminators. Scare
19-10-2015 02:23 PM
spoofo9t9 Offline

Likes Given: 2
(19-10-2015 04:52 AM)Pulsar Wrote:  To be honest, I'd recommend you stay away. Smoking is a bad habit. One of the very few things I regret in my life, and I made a lot of bad choices.

Say ecigs get banned. You were never a smoker, but getting a habit of vaping may leave you wanting more, and if banned and not available, you may go for smoking. 

That said, I would have to say an ego type variable voltage device with a decent tank would be a good spot to start. Not sure what to recommend, but really that would be a cheap way to try it. 

Don't want to sound like an ass, but smoking is a horrible habbit, and would hate to end up leading you in that direction. 
Thank you Pulsar for your insight, i never thought about it in that way.
20-10-2015 07:22 PM
trqdor Offline

Likes Given: 0
a little unrelated, but i thought i would ask here. i've seen some studies that talk about the benefits of nicotine (for example, increasing short term memory, maybe even helping to prevent alzheimer's, other cognitive stuff). i don't smoke either, but i'm drawn to the idea that nicotine (though highly addictive) has some valuable benefits and i'd like to try something that will not try to kill me (smoking cigarettes). is vaping a good/safe alternative? i also feel like it would be a fun hobby to try to get into. 
23-10-2015 03:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes trqdor's post:
tuftony352 (10-23-2015)
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
Hello and Welcome to TVF!

(23-10-2015 03:19 AM)trqdor Wrote:  a little unrelated, but i thought i would ask here. i've seen some studies that talk about the benefits of nicotine (for example, increasing short term memory, maybe even helping to prevent alzheimer's, other cognitive stuff). i don't smoke either, but i'm drawn to the idea that nicotine (though highly addictive) has some valuable benefits and i'd like to try something that will not try to kill me (smoking cigarettes). is vaping a good/safe alternative? i also feel like it would be a fun hobby to try to get into. 

The mental benefits of nicotine are so nominal that you would be better off just playing brain games on your computer.
23-10-2015 03:24 AM