Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Advice for a newbie
hollock Offline

Likes Given: 6
Advice for a newbie
Hello Vaping Community,

I just wanna ask a few questions on which setup to get for myself and if it's worth it or just an overkill for a newbie. 

I am from Singapore and basically Vaping is not allowed here. But I'm going overseas in December and hope to get one good setup for myself and that's it. 

I've seen videos from riptrippers on YouTube and I am really interested in doing RDA but I know it's gonna be hard for a newbie to be going into the deep end from the start. 

Also, I was thinking of getting a VW mod but I'm not sure how many watts do I really need. I came across the Sigelei 150W Temp Control and it looks really sick but I'm not sure whether I'm going to need that much watts. I know it can go down to as low as 10w though. 

About atomizer, is a one with tank better or a dripping one. What would be a good combo to go with the Sigelei 150w temp control? 

And if you have any other inputs, I would be more than happy to hear it out. 

Regards, 
Hollock
16-09-2015 02:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,420
RE: Advice for a newbie
Since spares are going to be impossible to get in Singapore, I'd go for highly reliable kit. I doubt you need 150W - I rarely go past 50W and almost never go past 80W.

Sigelei devices have been very reliable though I have one report from a patient that the 510 connector in their Sigelei 75W TC mod appears to be made of cheese and has worn it out in a few weeks. I strongly suspect that this person's schizophrenia has a lot to do with this. But I'd look around for reports on this device. Personally, I'd not buy one as just about the only available 18650 cells that can actually provide enough current safely to power this at 75W are Sony VTC3 and possibly VTC4.

For safety at full output I'd not go past 50W per cell - so for a 100W mod I'd want at least two 18650s and for 150W at least three. The downside of this is the necessary size of the mods.

I'd also get a cheap mechanical mod as there is almost nothing to go wrong with them. My personal favourite is the Vanilla clones though it is a good idea to replace the spring in the switch with magnets.

Consumables are going to be difficult to import so I'd go straight to rebuildable devices. The consumables you need for these have other uses so there should be no problem sourcing them. You'll need some Kanthal wire in 0.4mm diameter to start with. This is rigid enough to make coils that will last and not so low in resistance that building suitable coils needs a metre of wire - as the resulting coils won't fit in most atomisers.

Atomisers are very much a matter of personal taste. My personal favourite would be the Aqua 2 clone for a tank and a Mutation X of some version for a dripper with huge airflow.

Variable wattage is nice to have as you can bump up the watts if you've made a coil that is a bit too high in resistance. Sigelei devices in general have a good reputation.

My father was a judge so I'm a little uncomfortable advising people how to break the law.

I think the biggest problem will be sourcing juice that is actually safe to inhale - you really, really don't want to have to be buying juice on the black market.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
16-09-2015 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
JEFF (09-16-2015)