Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few disjounted blurbs
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
A few disjounted blurbs
This post is just a few unrelated blurbs, since I don't feel like working it all together into a cohesive article. So here's what's going on with me right now.

Today, I parted with my MVP2. I'm a pretty sentimental guy, and I had that thing for almost a year and used it almost non-stop, so it's kind of bittersweet. Since it was my main (read: only) vape for such a long time, I've imbued it with a lot of memories. But I gave it to a friend who stopped smoking when she started vaping, so there's that. I've spent the past hour or so texting back and forth with her, explaining different functions of the device, answering questions about voltage and wattage and resistance, and just talking about how great vaping is. This is her first VV/VW device, so it's all totally new to her. 

I recently got a Zenith RDA clone from Tobeco. That thing kicks ass. I love how it has slots instead of round holes in the posts. The slots make it much easier for me to line up my parallel coils perfectly, and since I use parallel coils almost exclusively these days, that's a big deal. The airflow control on it works very well too. It's a good enough atty that I went back to dripping and driving for a couple days while my Big Dripper took a break. Which, if you've read any of my comments about the Big Dripper, is a very big deal.

I found a great vape shop in Murfreesboro, TN last week. They carried what must have been at least 200 different flavors from about 20 different companies. I picked up some "$100 Apple Pie" high VG juice, which is spectacular, especially when I mixed it with "Charlie's Custard" from Charlie Noble. I'll definitely be adding that shop to my "favorite shops" list once I can remember the name of the place. 

I still haven't heard anything from the cloud competition that I entered. 

I got called in to work today since a coworker had an emergency of an undisclosed nature. Today and tomorrow were supposed to be my only two days off this week, and I've been working 6 day weeks almost non-stop for about two months now, so it's a little frustrating that I have to cover for him today and tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if his "emergency" was voting. Tomorrow is voting day, and he's a very politically-minded individual who most likely forgot to go to early voting day last week when he said he was going to. Oh well, at least I'm getting paid. 

I think I've rambled enough for one post, so I'll stop now.
04-11-2014 05:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: A few disjounted blurbs
Nice of you to let your MVP go to someone who will use it and keep it alive. The one thing I have noticed is that when any non-mechanical mod gets shelved for too long it's likely a goner. I don't know quite why that is but it seems to be the case. Maybe it's just that once they get replaced and outdated there is just little reason to pick them back up.

Sorry about you getting stuck working. I know how that goes. I once did a stretch of two years without a day off and man did that suck.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
04-11-2014 05:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,292
Kind of you to donate your MVP buddy and I'm glad you're enjoying the Zenith... I must get one someday.

Suck about work though but hopefully they'll make it up to you Drinks
04-11-2014 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Yeah she's been absolutely loving the MVP Smile She told me that the other day she smoked a cigar in the car, and then when she got in the next morning she was shocked at how bad her car smelled and that she'll probably just stop smoking altogether, since vaping is so much better and doesn't leave a bad smell and doesn't give her cancer. I just smiled and nodded and when she was done saying all that I just said "I do believe you've finally got the point." lol it was a subtle quote from one of my favorite movies (The Boondock Saints, "I do believe the monseniour's finally got the point") and I'm just really glad she's making the choice to switch. I filled up my two old protank 2's with some juice and gave them to her too, and she's just ecstatic. Smile

I feel like a superhero right now, saying "my work here is done" and then flying away. 
05-11-2014 06:23 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
BOB (11-05-2014), Spasmod (11-05-2014)
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
great to hear Michael
it was a friend of mine who gave me my first set up when he upgraded
I thought I will give it a try and see if I can last all day without a cigarette
that was around a year and a half ago  
if it wasn't for him I would probably still be smoking

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
05-11-2014 06:34 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BOB's post:
Spasmod (11-05-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Yeah I think a lot of vapers start out that way, using someone else's or being given one. It's awesome seeing people make the switch Smile
05-11-2014 06:48 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (11-05-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,292
It's an awesome feeling when you manage to help someone make the switch! Well done mate, that's awesome Friends

What's funny is I missed a chance in 2009 to make the switch as the mother-in-law brought a cigalike with her when they visited one day. I dimissed it as a gimmick without even taking a second look.

4 years later until I realised what it was LOL Big Grin if only someone could have been there to explain the fundamentals, it would have switched there and then.
05-11-2014 11:40 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Haha yeah I can understand that. Cigalikes are pretty gimmicky. Sucks that it took so long for you to learn better lol
05-11-2014 05:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (11-06-2014)